ISO/IEC 20000 is the international standard specifically for IT Service Management (it’s also known as ISO 20000). It defines the best practice for the delivery of managed services to meet the needs of an organisation and its customers. It is aligned with and complementary to the process approach in the ITIL® framework.
Fox IT provide training courses for ISO 20000 Foundation, Practitioner, And Auditor.
ISO 20000 – Benefits for the individuals
- Understand the relationship between ISO 20000 standard and IT Service Management and use best practices to apply appropriate methods within an organisation.
- Understand, identify and explain the potential issues regarding applicability, eligibility and scoping to assist in certification readiness assessment and certification audits as well as advising on the implementation of continual improvement processes.
- Produce a gap analysis supported by an improvement and implementation plan.
- Describe the scope, aims and use of the ISO 20000 specification and code of practice, through an understanding of the roles of the component parts of the standard.
- Recognise the need to plan and implement IT Service Management processes, report on the IT services and major metrics of the ITSM processes, schedule and conduct regular reviews, assessments and audits and plan for continual service improvement.
ISO 20000 – Benefits to an organisation
- Establish an on-going culture of continual improvement and development within an organization, providing a target to achieve and maintain. This leads to continual improvement in the quality of IT services provided and increased business and customer confidence in the service provider and their ability to deliver.
- Ensure that organizations focus on the implementation of a set of integrated processes and solutions that are appropriate, suitable and effective in meeting the needs of the business processes, the customers and the users they serve.
- Increase the rate of change and the productivity of staff and the use of their skills and expertise. This in turn leads to reduced long-term costs and a reduced risk of being unable to meet business objectives.
- Enable organisations to adopt a structured approach to service management based on best practice guidance, allowing them to better understand their business and their needs, their roles and their processes. This leads to an improved reputation, relationships, inter-working and communication with their business and customer contacts.
- Enable organisations to internally assess their processes and activities against international standards as a method of identifying and implementing improvements.
- To be independently, externally audited for compliance using a scheme and standard that is internationally recognised and respected.
Contact us directly on the phone or we can get in touch with you →