Customised ‘hands-on’ IT strategy and planning services provide advice and guidance on IT service management (ITSM) issues, business case preparation and service modelling.
IT strategy and planning should be at the core of any IT service management (ITSM) implementation. Even for more mature organisations, it’s never too late to take a step back and have a fresh look at how things are operating.
This part of our service portfolio includes a business-level review of where an organisation is and the options available to develop and achieve benefits, reducing business risk, developing new services and reducing costs using an ITSM approach. It provides board-level facilitation and decision-support to define and agree a new improvement project. This service is supplemented by delivery support on business case and high-level planning in the light of, and in alignment with, strategic and organisational goals.
Having the right road map to get to where you want to be will be an important factor in navigating through to a successful project delivery.
Typically, IT Strategy and Planning will be provided for:
- What value will ITSM deliver for our organisation?
- Where do we start?
- Who needs to be involved?
- Estimates of programme costs?
- the benefits that can be achieved?
- Can we afford not to implement/enhance ITSM
- How will this type of programme map to our organisation?
- What resources do we need to implement and continue to run ITSM
- What technology is available to help?
- What are the realistic timescales required to make this work?
- What practical tasks do we need to do to move this forward?
There are many aspects to having a successful ITSM framework and management system, but strategy and planning should be at its core. Getting it right at the very start will deliver benefits sooner and be more cost-effective in the long-run, but there’s no shame in admitting things aren’t quite how they should be today and calling upon some independent advice.
Contact Fox IT today and speak to one of our consultants about what your next steps should be.
Are you interested in the answer to these questions, and more? Then click here for more information on our IT Strategy and Planning service.