ITIL4 is Coming
As you may be aware, the next version of ITIL is due for launch in Q1 2019
Of course, as with any launch, there’s a lot more going on behind the scenes
AXELOS have been developing the syllabus and guidance for the new Foundation course
The very weekend it was released to ATOs (Accredited Training Organizations) we started analysing it to see what was new or different from the existing version.
We have been blending the new guidance, our look-and-feel and industry knowledge to create our own version of the course which was successfully accredited at the first attempt before the end of October, to support 2, 3 and 4-day variants of ITIL training to suit different groups.
We wanted to do this early to
- Ensure our understanding of the material matched that of the exam institute
- Have a version ready for customisation by our partners around the world who rely on our material for delivery
It is no secret that continual improvement is always central to ITIL, and we are already refining the material with feedback from our trainers and partners
Our plan is to:
- Re-design and transition our ITIL 4 Foundation v1.1 material following the train-the-trainer sessions and re-submit the refined to PeopleCert for accreditation
- Record a video walkthrough for partners to guide them through our training material (our very own material-specific train-the-trainer)
- Engage with our Partners so they can update the material with their logo, etc. ensuring they are each ready and prior to the formal release date
- Deliver and support ITIL 4 Foundation from Q1 2019
- Obtain guidance and build the higher-level ITIL 4 courses as each syllabus (and publication) is made available from AXELOS throughout 2019